Her smile
By Yair Hoenig
I saw eternity in a spit drop.
Fell slowly on my dark day,
It was only today.
How does my spirit lives?
As a single candle breathe in time
As if it was his design and memory.
She was so small, the bird,
Green her beak was,
Her spit recovered every moment of her life
and so did eternity.
She had short life,
yet eternity came and went as love in life.
The spit fell on my hand
Before I hit my child.
With that brutal hand,
Life had begun.
Eternity showed me what I am, and what I should be.
I saw the sea freeze and wave, freeze and wave again.
In a sound of sharp whistle, as stab in the heart,
I saw mankind,
what a breed…
It was my pleasure.
Eternity didn’t last forever.
In this very single spit
Of endless sun shines and downfalls,
Mistakes and lessons,
Love and death,
Right now, I put my hand on my daughter’s head.
The only life I contribute to this fragile moment in time is hers.
She looks at me with her youthful eyes,
Brown as honey she gazes at me,
and I say:
“You are the wings,
you can be the wind,
you provide the rule upon we are living by.”
But time has forgotten…
As innocent as can be,
She showed me the reason for me to live,
and there it was,
Brighter than eternity,
Her smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment